Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Thanksgiving

When I was little my sister Sarah and I loved to sleep over at my Grandma Robison's house the night before Thanksgiving. What we loved most was setting the table. Grandma would let us choose which China set to use (yes, she has more than one). We would also help with the centerpiece, fold the napkins, choose the goblets, etc. I have a weakness for beautiful dishes and fun table settings. I think it must be because of those days as a little girl setting my Grandma's table, admiring her pretty china, and listening to her stories of when and where she got each set. That is why I was excited to do Thanksgiving at my house this year so I could use my china and make it just like when I was growing up.
Here is how the table turned out:




We ate with our friends the Crosbys, the Hunters, and the Robbins. We had lots of fun and really enjoyed our last Thanksgiving with these guys since next year we'll all be graduated and gone!


The kids had a lot of fun playing in Tyler's room. I love their faces in this picture of them all jumping on the bed.
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Your tablecloth looks beautiful! I liked looking at a close-up of Andy's hair - so much gray! Tell Jill she looks great and her baby is darling. That's the first picture I've seen of her!

spackers said...

Fun Thanksgiving memories. I hope someday my girls can sleepover at Grandma's house too.

Strongs said...

It looks like everything turned out perfect! The after dinner activity (bed jumping) looked like it was a real hit too!

Strongs said...

It looks like everything turned out perfect! The after dinner activity (bed jumping) looked like it was a real hit too!

Cicely said...

It's gorgeous. You are such a cute Mom.