Monday, August 10, 2009

8 Years and Counting

Happy Anniversary to us!

Then...


Now...

Do we look older? I just wanted to do a quick post for our anniversary. I can't believe it has been eight years! I am so lucky because I truly am married to my best friend. The past months of May and June after Andy graduated but hadn't started residency yet were so fun! (beside all the packing/unpacking/moving). For those months Andy and I were together with the kids all day and I never got sick of him- we did lot's of fun things together. It was hard for me when he started residency in July because I missed having my best friend with me all day. Now that he has started residency he has been very busy and I am amazed by his hard work and dedication to his family. Here is a picture of his anniversary gift to me.....


I really wanted a storage system like this from Pottery Barn Kids for our playroom but they are over a thousand dollars! Andy worked on making these shelves every day after work and every Saturday for the past 3 weeks. I helped him paint them a couple days ago and and here is the finished product. I am so impressed! And the little boy sitting on the shelves is pretty cute too. I love you Andy!

10 comments:

Emily said...

I went back to work today, and I know what you mean! Maternity leave was the best, being with the kids and Jon all day was the best! It must be what eternity will be like.
Those shelves are awesome! Happy Anniversary (and late birthday, sorry!)

spackers said...

I am so amazed by those shelves! I want some. Does Andy make house calls? Happy Anniversary! Time flies doesn't it?

Cicely said...

I love reading about you guys- and especially this post- because I feel like I have a good idea of what is to come for our little family.

Love and miss you!
-Cicely

Elise said...

YAY! Happy Anniversary!! I remember that day so well-- especially my extreme dismay at not being able to wear what the rest of the girls got to wear! :) Those shelves are incredible. Now why didn't Chris get that handy gene?

Aaron & Amy Norton said...

awesome shelves!!!! congrats to you both, we're so glad we got to meet you and stay in touch!

Unknown said...

I can't believe it's 8 years and nearly 3 kids later! I am so excited to see you guys in 2 weeks!!

* Stephanie said...

Those shelves are great -- we've been planning on making something like that. Did Andy happen to write down his plans when he made it -- I'd love to have a copy if it wouldn't be too much work.
Happy Anniversary!

Amy said...

Hey, happy 8 years! That's really exciting - doesn't it seem like yesterday? I know it does for us. Nice shelves, Andy!

Jenn said...

I still can't believe you're old enough to be married. Aren't you 12? I guess not... you are now the parents of THREE beautiful kiddos and you are such a great example of a mother to me Amanda. I can't wait to see the pictures of new baby Zachary (hint, hint) Dad says he is so cute. Love you guys!

Heidi said...

You guys are just as cute today as you were eight years ago! We sure love you! And we are excited to meet Zach someday. XOXOX