Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Lizzy's Birthday

My baby isn't a baby anymore! I can't believe Lizzy is one year old. She's had an eventful year with lots of fun times and a few hard times too. I made her a heart shaped birthday cake in honor of the scare her heart gave us and the surgery she had to repair it last December.

















This is Lizzy's little cake I made for her to dig around in. (See the video at the end of this post)



We had a little BBQ and birthday cake outside with friends the night before her birthday.






On Lizzy's actual birthday I wanted to do something she would really enjoy. I took her and Ty to the Children's museum. We spent the majority of time in the baby section where Lizzy could crawl all over the place and play to her little heart's content.



Then we, of course, ended her birthday with the presents from mom, dad, and Ty. She got a baby doll and a rolling phone toy. Here are some video clips of her birthday for those of you with time to watch.


5 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh man, that was way too cute!! What a fun birthday party!! I love you, Lizzy!!

Liz and Dave said...

That first year they grow so fast. Looks like she enjoyed her birthday.

Trenda said...

She's sure a happy girl! I'm sure it helped having cake and presents! :) Very cute kids!

Jenn said...

My, oh, my it HAS been an eventful year for Lizzy! She is so beautiful... so healthy... so blessed.

I could use a little Lizzy fix right now. Those cheeks are just asking to be nibbled!

Emily said...

Lizzy is so freakin' cute! She looked exactly like Abby when she wrinkled her nose. I love that face! I love her fancy rolling phone. And I like how Tyler was saying "baby". Could've put a crack in my glasses.