Saturday, July 5, 2008

Gramm and Gramp's Visit





A couple weeks ago we were lucky enough to have Andy's parents visit. Gary had business in Chicago and then they drove to Milwaukee for a few days to see us. Tyler was so excited to see his Grandma and Grandpa. He constantly wanted to hold both their hands and do 1-2-3 jump . Grandpa and Tyler played the "oh my goodness game" and Marilyn got Lizzy to laugh harder than I have ever heard her laugh. They sure are fun!

We spent one day in Chicago with them that started at the delicious Brazillian restaurant "Brazzaz". Everytime we eat there I am in heaven the food is so good and it is fun to be at a fancy restaurant. We then went to the Museum of Science and Industry. It was a cool museum and had lots of fun things for kids.






Tyler's Birthday was while they were here so Tyler got to open some neat presents. Andy and I gave Tyler a Woody from Toy Story and Grandma and Grandpa gave him Buzz Lightyear!





Lizzy was watching too and would clap every time we said "Yeah"





We took Gary and Marilyn on a driving tour of the many beautiful lakes all within about 45 minutes or less of our apartment. We took my mom and dad on the same tour last year, remember mom? We also went to the Discovery world museum right on the lakefront of Lake Michigan. One night we had a friend babysit and the adults went out to eat. I hadn't been out to eat without kids in about a year, it was so fun! We ate at McCormick and Smick's, yummy sea food! Gary got a huge Lobster and oysters! I went with a milder choice,-trout in an amazing lemon sauce. I think I am 5 pounds heavier we ate at so many yummy places that week- Brazzaz, Mccormick and Smick's, Cheesecake Factory, and Culvers. We shoped at some cool little shops in downtown and they got me two really cute new shirts and some adorable shoes for Lizzy. When we said goodbye Tyler was so sad and kept saying "I really miss them." Now he daily asks me if we are going to the airport to catch an airplane to Utah so he can go visit all of his Grandma's and Grandpa's. Thanks Gary and Marilyn for a really fun visit!








2 comments:

Jenn said...

Wow. What a great visit... I want Gary and Marilyn to come visit me! Grandmas and Grandpas are the best aren't they?

Lizzie looks like a minnie Amanda. "Yeah" (Insert clapping here)

Heidi said...

We have fond memories of our visit with you guys, when we did some of those things, too! Sorry we will miss Andy this summer but we are excited to see Amanda and Tyler and to finally meet Lizzy!!! XOXOX