Saturday, July 12, 2008

Lake Michigan

Since our usual beach at Lake Pewaukee is closed(the beach is flooded from all the rain) we had to do some exploring for other places to swim. Andy discovered a beautiful beach at the bottom of a cliff called Atwater Beach. It is only about a 20 minute drive from our house. We have usually not wanted to swim at Lake Michigan because the water quality scares me but this beach tests the water for bacteria levels to and posts a sign if the water quality is okay. We went once to check it out and loved it - so we brought our friends the Crosbys and Hunters the very next weekend.







The Dads taking the kids out for a swim


The kids had fun burying eachother in the sand and I like the picture at the bottom of Tyler and Kate Crosby. They are always good buddies, I think Ty has a little crush on her.
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Those are the cutest pictures! How fun to be so close to a beach!! I'm excited to see you guys in 16 days, 19 hours, and 22 minutes!

Liz and Dave said...

How fun is that? Looks like you had a wonderfull time. Looks like it was very nice.

Jenn said...

What fun. I can't believe Pewaukee beach is flooded!! We had such a good time there with you guys... but this beach looks fantastic! (Except all the stairs, of course) You have such fun friends and you always find new and exciting things to do.

Heidi said...

It took us a lot longer to drive to our beach the other day! How great that you could get there in 20 minutes! The pictures are all cute--love the one of Lizzy in her Utes shirt and the one of Tyler half buried in the sand!

Mo said...

What fun! I'm so jealous -we are baking here in St Louis this week and NO beach! Wish we could have come. I miss all you guys! Tell everyone hi for me.
LOL
Monica

Elise said...

How fun! Thomas was looking over my shoulder while I was reading this and said he was mad because he wants to go to the beach. Too bad we don't have one close!

Emily said...

we were on the other side of the lake and thought it was pretty awesome too! I sure like Lizzie's Utah shirt!